This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Query - Huawei Router Config Backup

Hello All,

I am trying to take the backup configuration of Huawei NE80e routers thru KiwiCatTools. I have properly configured the tool and it is taking backup configuration correctly when authenticate with user-level 3.

I want to run this tool thru level 1 user. When I change the level of the user from 3 to 1, the script don't run properly and following logs are observed in Info-Log file.

"Login to <router-name> is successful

Entering Super mode

Waiting for an echo of Super Command

Sending Enabling password

unable to enter enable mode

Password is incorrect of device."

I have given permission to level-1 user to run "display current-configuration" command. My question is if it is possible to bypass the step where it is running command "super" to gain the super user access. If it is not possible to alter the script, then please confirm whether we can achieve this goal through custom scripting or not? 

Goal :

Taking backup configuration of Huawei NE80e routers thru kiwi cat tools.

Thru user with level-1 rights.

Level-1 has the privilege to run "display current-configuration" command. Verified by running on CLI.

Anyone who has experienced please guide me in this regard.

Many Thanks.

• Hi burhan.sidd--

The Huawei script in CatTools was created against a Huawei S3026G LAN Switch, so there may be other issues with trying to get this working with a Huawei Router.

I'd recommend opening a support ticket as we'd need to get some full PuTTY captures of a session to your device, so it can be compared with the current device type script in CatTools to see how similar they are.

Regards,

Steve

• burhan.sidd--

When you open a support ticket, would you:

--Reference this thread to Support.
    --Post back here with a case number.
    --Post any solutions you get from Support.

Many thx,

M