This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

do the interface statistics and interface charts save any historic data?

I know this is really a function best served by NPM but...

...in Workspace Studio does the "Interface Statistics Table" or the "Interface Chart" save any historic data?  (beyond what is actually displayed in the chart?)  Do either of these tools report an average value over some period of time, like a 15-minute or a daily average?  I suppose I can look at "Total Bytes Transferred" and then do the math, but I wondered if the tool does this automatically.

I need to capture some utilization stats over just a few days and I feel that NPM would be way overkill for this purpose.

Thanks,
sqyntz

• sqyntz,

The interface table and chart gadgets do not keep any historical data other than what is showed on the chart. There are a number of issues that arise when maintaining historical data and we leave that to Orion NPM. However, Toolset has a Network Performance Monitoring tool that might serve your need. Check out Classic Tools -> Network Monitoring -> Network Performance Monitor. Add your devices in and let it monitor. It has charts that will show your data in larger units. You just need to leave it up and running for as long as necessary to collect the window of data you are interested in as it will not save any data once closed.

--HTH

Steve

• Steve,

Thanks for that very helpful insight, I will take a look at that part of the toolset.

-sqyntz