3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2011 8:26 PM by mavturner

IPAM Subnet Report

michiganlaz

Hello-

I'm trying to build a report that simply lists all of our subnets and their associated descriptions but can't seem to find the tables to query. It thought that IPAM_AttrDefines may be the one but returns no records at all.

Any thoughts or does anyone have a sql query to run?

Thanks!

• Re: IPAM Subnet Report
          mavturner

This is something we are interested in providing as an OOTB report in the future. In the meantime, you can get a quick a dirty list by creating a customer SQL report and using the following SQL Query: 

select Address,AddressMask from IPAM_Group where GroupType = 8

Open Report Writer on the server IPAM is installed, create a new report of type Custom SQL, paste the above query into the report and see if it gives you what you expect. 

michiganlaz

Unfortunately, that's not what I need. I really need something that shows the description we put in to annotate the subnets. We can grant access to folks to dig through the application itself, of course, but it would be really nice to have it on a report, too.

mavturner

"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators".

No problem, simply add a column after the AddressMask to include the desciption column in the results (select Address, AddressMask, Comments from IPAM_Group ... ). Once you have the query where you want it, you can create a report that anyone can run from the web console. If you created a custom property and put your description there instead of the Comments field, then you will need to modify the query appropriately.

Mav