This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

cannot write log to MS SQL on 64-bit platform

Hello,

I have setup Kiwi syslog in Windows 2008 (64-bit version). I found the Kiwi fails to log to the MS SQL.

I have found that in  another KB ( http://knowledgebase.solarwinds.com/kb/questions/2420/KiWi+Syslog+Server+Failing+to+Log+Events) that said  the registry is trying to find the Kiwi dll file in c:\windows\system32

And I found the file (and other Kiwi dll file ) is under the directory of C:'\windows\sysWOW64. Should I copy the files to c:\windows\system32 ?

thanks

andrew.

• I have one more ammendment.

1. I use test connection and it could write logs to the DB successfully.

2. I have enabled the DB rule.

But the equipment only write logs to the flat file and would not update the database.

• I went through a lot of pain in this scenario too.  In the end, I found that installing the 32bit version of the mysql driver and configuring the connection through the 32bit version of the ODBC C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe was finally enough to get the connection happy.

If that doesn't work, post the mysql errors you're getting from the Kiwi log.