This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cisco Config Transfer does not work (Workspace Studio 10.6.0.84)

Using the "Cisco Config Transfer" tool in Workspace Studio always gives the message:  "Timeout on device "192.168.50.1". Upload may continue if in process."

The TFTP server is working, SNMP community is RW, config download using the legacy tool (same SNMP community,  same device) works just fine.  Why doesn't it work in Workspace Studio?

• sgyntz,

Have you tried upping the timeout for the transfers in the Config Transfer gadget?

Click 'Settings' in the lower right of the gadget.

Click the 'Transfer Settings' tab, up the 'Transfer Timeout in seconds', and click 'OK' and try again.

--HTH

Steve

• sqyntz--

Looks like you may have found a bug. If Steve's suggestions don't work, go ahead and open a support ticket.

When you open a support ticket, could you:

--Reference this thread to Support.
    --Post back here with a case number.
    --Post any solutions you get from Support.

Many thx,

M

• there is a bug in the "Cisco Config Transfer" tool, i believe.  the basic problem is that the "Cisco Config Transfer" tool was sending an incorrect IP address for the TFTP server, even though it was set correctly in the "settings" dialog.  My laptop had several active interfaces (vmware, virtualbox, wireless and wired) and the tool was sending the IP address of an incorrect interface.

disabling all but the one interface facing the router in question corrected the problem and TFTP worked just fine.  A sniffer trace of the SNMP packets confirmed that the tool was sending the wrong IP address to the router.

MarieB,

I didn't have time to open a ticket, but please let support know in case they want to investigate.

-Thx!

• sqyntz,

We will check into this issue and see if we can reproduce it. Are you running version 10.6 of Toolset? That is the most recent version.

I'll post back when we have more information. In the meantime please feel free to open a support ticket.

--HTH

Steve

• If your machine has multiple interfaces, you can set on which interface (IP Address) will the TFTP Server be listening. Go to Settings-TftpServer and on the tab "Server Bindings", choose "Use custom server binding" and select the IP address for TFTP server. Does this help?

• sqyntz--

I'll mark this for support to see it. Did you see the posts after your last one? They may give you some more insight.

M