This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Report.Version including Mac Adress of Cisco devices

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hi,

I have to create a report of all our Cisco VG2XX (basically IOS Routers...) including the Device Name, IP Adresse, PCB S/N and MAC Address.

Is there a way to extend the Report.Device to include the MAC Address from the FastEthernet 0/0 interface? It includes almost every information I need... :-)

Regards

• Hi bobstevens,

I'm afraid there is no way to customize the 'out-the-box' activity, although I can add it as a feature request if you'd like?

However if you are familiar with VB Scripting; you may be able to create your own custom activity to get the data you need.

See:  www.kiwisyslog.com/.../act_creatingcustomactivity.htm for more information.

The Custom.Device.Template.txt.custom file in the Templates folder is actually based on a more simple Version report... so you should at least have a good starting point.

Kind regards,

Steve

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Spartacus

Hi steve,

the template triggers "show version" on the device where "show diag" is needed (including Chassis Mac Address)

I did not get it work until now, you may add this as a feature request.

Thanks

Bob

• Hi Bob,

In the .custom file (which you use to extend your existing devices with your custom activities), you need to locate the lines:

' SEND COMMAND(S) TO DEVICE:

sCmd = "show version"

then change the sCmd value to "show diag" instead.

Hope this helps,

Steve

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Spartacus

Hi Steve,

I already changed that and it ended up:

"Client script error: Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignement: 'SendCommandSingle' on line: 6660"

(Even with show version it's the same error)

I need to issue both (show version and show diag) to get all the information I need.

Bob

• The underlying issue is that some of the older device type scripts (Cisco.Router.General and Cisco.Switch.IOS for example) require a slightly different set of parameters for the SendCommandSingle call.

If any other users encounter this same issue in the future, please raise a ticket with CatTools tech support specifying which device type(s) your custom activity is failing for.  We can then provide you with a list of the correct parameters for these older device scripts.

Regards,

Steve