This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cisco 1900 series not able to login

Hi all,

I have group of 45 cisco 1900 switches running Version 15.0(1)M1 Release (fc1).  I have these configure with ssh and i have success logging into them from the Device tab->Device info->Telnet SSH button.  I have tried all versions of SSH 2 listed within Device info and i still get the same error when loggin in. 

Failed to connect to 10.99.14.1. Reason: Please set your login for selected protocol.. Giving up after 3 connection attempts.

I have tried using the device type of the 1900 (which only allows for telnet) as well as a generic Cisco.Switch.

I have verified that it is using SSH 2 only and specified putty (and the path) as my default client.  I am not exactly sure what else I can change. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

• The Telnet/SSH button uses the Telnet or SSH client you have specified in the Options > Setup > Misc tab.

It doesn't actually use to CatTools Telnet/SSH client or test the credentials you have configured for the device.

With regards to the 'Failed to connect...' error in the CatTools info-log; it tends to suggest that maybe the SSH credentials have not been added for the device correctly in CatTools.

Can you check the following:

1) Device type:  Cisco.Switch.IOS  (the other Cisco.Switch.1900 is for real old 1900 devices).

2) In the 'Passwords' tab of the device set-up ensure the correct SSH credentials have been added in the fields:

• SSH Username
    • SSH Password

Regards,

Steve

• It appears that in all the changes that I was making to get it working something wiped out the credentials in the device setup.  Thanks for the help.