5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2011 5:55 PM by cshanep

remote shares on celerras?

tosh.0

How does Profiler get the share information from my Celerra?  I'm trying to run File Analysis on a remote share on a specific server (server_6) and the client returns back that it can't find any files on the share.  Funny thing is that the share is on the server, but not from the ip listed on the logs of the client performing FA.   The ip is on the server, just not assigned to that share. 

Is there anyway to disignate specific ip's to shares?

• Re: remote shares on celerras?
          saranya

Celerra share information is obtained by running the server_export command on the NAS device which provides the cifs share and IP information. The IP used for the share is either that of the cifs server or the data mover IP itself.

At the time being, there is no way to designate specific IPs to the Celerra shares.

However, can you make sure if the agent performing FA has enough rights to access these shares. That could be one reason why it cannot find any files on the share.

If your issues still persist, then  feel free to submit a support ticket at solarwinds.com/support/ticket/ and someone can help you with it.

-S

HolyGuacamole

You might want to give this a try although this is not the intended purpose of this feature. Drill down to the data mover's console (server_6 in your example) and there is an link to Edit the Primary IP address. Restart the ProfilerPoller services to let it rescan the shares, and re-assign the shares to the agent after a few minutes.  See if that makes a difference.  If it works, the change will likely to be applied to all the shares not associated with a specific CIFS server.

The last resort would be to manually edit the IPs in the mod.sys.fa.FileAnalysis.xml file of the scanning agent but it will be overwritten with a configuration change from the Profiler web interface

tosh.0

Manually editting the IP in mod.sys.fa.FileAnalysis.xml file did allow the FA to scan the shares.  Looks like the IP listed is the one set as the default gateway.  I have 4 CIFS servers with 4 different IPs on server_6.  And when I did double check the output of server_export on server_6, it had it listed correctly. 

Is there any way to make a manual change on the server side, not through the GUI? 

saranya

If the server_export output has the IPs listed correctly, then we need to check why Profiler has incorrect IPs associated with it. Can you please submit a support ticket at solarwinds.com/support/ticket/, so that we can grab further diagnostics and help resolve this issue.