This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Feature Suggestion - Watchlist for NPM

I think it would be very useful if like in UDT there is a watchlist for NPM.  This would be so you could select  nodes or interfaces that would show in a watchlist resource that you would most likely put on the your home page for easy and frequent access.

• Thanks, Donald. Marked for PM review.

M

• Could you just create a group and put the nodes you want to watch in the group? Then you could add the All Groups resource to your summary view.

• That would be one way but that would muck up my current group views and alerts.  We use them currently for our highest priority alerts.

The point to the suggestion though was to have something specifically for that so it could have it's own functionality.  yes I just mentioned a simple list as an example but I should have said I was thinking of other specific functionality and behaviours that would be just for the watchlist.  Possibly things like faster polling, maybe no wanrning state just straight to down, warnings of trouble on the banner of the website etc etc....

My use case is these would be nodes or interfaces (thats one thing the groups cannot do) that you are concered about for one reason or another or have chronic issues.

But honestly the group thing is not a bad idea, I just was thinking of a little bit more than that.

• Ok, great feedback Donald. I'll let Brandon or Francois chime in on this. Glad you like our UDT watchlist :-)

• Donald

I just put in a feature request for the Groups functionality of NPM that would make that functionality more easily server this purpose... at least I think it would.

You can see that feature request HERE.