This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to reset a Red Blinking NPM 10.1.2 SP1

Hello,
I am monitor Nortel switches in my switch network with NPM 10.1.2 SP1.  When a switchport unplug,  NPM detected as an interface down, it turned on the square red blinker, but when the interface came backup, NPM did not turn off the blinker. 
I decided I do not need to monitor all switchports in the switch, so I went to "list resource", unchecked all ports, only monitor the uplink ports which are live, but the red blinkers were still blinking.  I already waited for a week, to see if any “house keeping” function may run to clear these anoying blinkers.  I also checked all Universal Pollers to make sure nothing is down or alarm.
How can I reset the blinkers?  The only option I found is to delete the object and discover again which are time consuming.
Thanks,
ESS

• The blinker problem are only with Nortel Baystack (Synoptics); the Nortel 8600 (Rapid City Communication) switches worked normally, it turned off the blinkers when no down interfaces
    ESS

• Couple things.

1. if these are end user ports you want to monitor, there is a setting if you edit a port/s to specify them as unpluggable.  This means if they go "down" they won't be marked as down, but as unplugged.  This feature is meant for end user ports you want to monitor, but not get flooded with the alerts etc.

2. not sure why the child status is not going away, it should if there are no warnings on that node.  When you hover on the node, what does it say the problem is, an interface or something else?

• Hello Brandon,

I am not worry about the end user ports for now, but the child status.  The square red blinking when nothing is down.  When I hover on the node, the message is "node is up".   I think it is the NPM bug.  It only showed on Nortel Baystack switches, but worked fine with Nortel 8600 switches.

ESS