This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

My UDT Eval

OK so I have been using UDT for about a day.  For a first version I say it is impressive.  The networking, systems and security folks are very interested.

I have tried it on an array of switches and I find that unless I am doing something wrong there are some it does not work with and I am talking Cisco.  Below are my findings. If someone could address this or confirm my findings I would appreciate it.

Nexus 7000 - Works

Nexus 5020 - does not work (and this is a huge negative for us as finding servers would be why systems would want it)

6500 Sup720 - does not work

4500-Sup6E - works

• Hi Donald,

I'm glad you like UDT!

It would be great if you could do the SNMP walk for switches Nexus 5020 and 6500 Sup720.

You could try download net-snmp library from here: www.net-snmp.org/download.html

And run:

snmpwalk -v 2c -c [communitystring] -O netU [ipaddress of device] 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.1 > [file to export results to, e.g.  xxx.txt]

Replace items within the [ ] accordingly, removing the [ ] also. Notice the time the command takes to execute and forward result file to us (we can do this offline if you'd prefer).

Regards,

Petr

• What do you mean when you say "6500 Sup720 - does not work"?  I have 7 6500 chassis, (6 6509's and 1 6513).  I use a Sup720-3b, and UDT has no problems with them. It detected my CMM modules, Wireless Controllers, and the 3 different 10/100/1000 blades, as well as all my 10g ports.

Do you have "nodes" directly connected to the ehternet port on the Sup card?

• Glad it works for you not so for me and I have the same Sup's you do.  I think it might be a code difference.  I am seeing the same thing on all my 4500's some work and some don't and the only difference between them is code level.

Petr I will do that and get it to you.  I will run a 4500 thats works and one that does not as well.

• Hi

Did you ever hear anything back about getting Nexus 5020s working with UDT?  I have the same problem and wonder if its something i am doing wrong.  It works great with everything else that i have checked so far, except for nodes that are on layer 2 or on VLAN's behind a firewall.

If you have any advice that would be great?

Regards

Andy