5 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2011 8:41 AM by someITEngineer

VMConsole Application crashes

someITEngineer

Running win 7 x64 and the app crashes every few min even when i am not doing any interaction with it. Tried compatibility mode, and running as administrator

Event viewer shows the following

Faulting application name: VmApp.exe, version: 1.0.0.28, time stamp: 0x4c5ae4a1
      Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdfe0
      Exception code: 0xc000041d
      Fault offset: 0x000000000000aa7d
      Faulting process id: 0x1c4c
      Faulting application start time: 0x01cc1b0555c7b95c
      Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\VmConsole\VmApp.exe
      Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
      Report Id: 18539a04-86f9-11e0-8bf0-002564f6fcb4

over and over, any thoughts?

• Re: VMConsole Application crashes
          SteveSW

someITEngineer,

We'll have someone contact you soon with a plan to collect some additional information to figure out what is going on.

--

Steve

michalB

As the most of our free tools, VM Console uses DirectX to render its content. Can you please check whether you have the latest drivers for your graphics card?

michalB

Before actually checking the drivers, you may want to disable hardware acceleration for the application in the Registry. Registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics\DisableHWAcceleration provides this option. The disable hardware acceleration option is a DWORD value that is either 0 or 1. A value of 1 disables hardware acceleration. A value of 0 enables hardware acceleration, provided the system meets hardware acceleration requirements.

Please note that disabling hardware acceleration will disable it for all applications using WPF technology.

If the problem disappears, the cause is most likely in your video driver. If not, please let me know and I can do some more troubleshooting.