2 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2011 2:41 PM by noneal

VMWare Candidate Quick Report

DECurrie

The VMWare Candidate Quick Report in Profiler is a great report; however I have not been able to find any data regarding the parameters used to build it; ie: over what duration the report is using to derive the statistics 7 days, 30 days, etc. and will the results flatten out over time.  What criteria is used for the ranking of servers, especially when some server candidates may have dual quad-core cpu and others only two dual-core; where can I find documentation on the various reports in Profiler so that I can better understand the data that Profiler has analyzed on my behalf?

• Re: VMWare Candidate Quick Report
          bmrad

Working on answer...

Brian

• Re: VMWare Candidate Quick Report
            noneal

Here is the logic used in the VMWare Candidate report.

Candidate Rank and Cause

If Disk % Busy is greater than 40%, then Rank is 3 and Cause is Disk
            otherwise
            If CPU % Busy is greater than 50%, then Rank is 3 and Cause is CPU
            If CPU % Busy is between 25% and 50% and Used Memory is more than 2048 MB, then Rank is 3 and Cause is CPU and RAM
            If CPU % Busy is between 25% and 50% and Used Memory is less than 2048 MB, then Rank is 2 and Cause is CPU
            If CPU % Busy is less than 25% Used Memory is more than 1024 MB, then Rank is 2 and Cause is RAM
            Otherwise, the Rank will be 1 and there will be no Cause

Values are averages over 7 days   

CPU Values are averages of all cpus on a system.

CPU % Prime is based on 8am-5pm

As far as documentation for the reports, the best we have right now is the report description found at the top of every report.  It should give you a basic idea of what the report was intended to show.