This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Error on the Alerts tab

Hi,

Did an upgrade to 10.1.2 and now get an Invalid object name 'APM_ApplicationAlertsData'. error. 

Has anyone any ideas how to rectify it?

The detail of the fault is:

The Orion website is currently unable to display this page. Orion polling and alerting services often continue running, though this page cannot be displayed. Please take the following steps to attempt to alleviate the issue:

1. Log in to the website again and navigate to another Orion page, allowing you to isolate the error to this page.
  2. Ensure the Orion services are still running.
  3. Check that your SQL Server is still running and accessible.

Please notify SolarWinds of this error. We will address and help you fix the issue.

Your specific error is:

Invalid object name 'APM_ApplicationAlertsData'.

• Do you have APM installed as well?  You can try and re-run the configuration wizard, but your best bet for quickest resolution might be a support ticket.

• HCL--

If you open a support ticket, could you:

--Reference this thread to Support.
    --Post back here with a case number.
    --Post any solutions you get from Support.

Many thx,

M

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi,

Did an upgrade to 10.1.2 and now get an Invalid object name 'APM_ApplicationAlertsData'. error. 

Has anyone any ideas how to rectify it?

The detail of the fault is:

The Orion website is currently unable to display this page. Orion polling and alerting services often continue running, though this page cannot be displayed. Please take the following steps to attempt to alleviate the issue:

1. Log in to the website again and navigate to another Orion page, allowing you to isolate the error to this page.
    2. Ensure the Orion services are still running.
    3. Check that your SQL Server is still running and accessible.

Please notify SolarWinds of this error. We will address and help you fix the issue.

Your specific error is:

Invalid object name 'APM_ApplicationAlertsData'.

Thanks you for the post.

• Running Configuration Wizard and selecting ‘Database’ should fix it.

• Did some digging about on my own and found some references to APM in the report writer so I must have installed the demo so long ago I don’t recall doing it. However I removed the APM refs in the report writer, then found four APM schemas in ‘Program Files/Solarwinds /Orion/Schemas’ which I deleted and now it’s all up and running.
    Interestingly Orion was working fine before the 10.1.2 upgrade.
    It’s back up now, thanks for everybody’s thoughts and input.