2 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2011 12:50 PM by waxxworx

Help with Resources associated with Nodes

waxxworx

Hi,

Where in the netperfmon database can I detect which resources have been added to a given node? We will often discover that a node is correctly configured for SNMP but it doesn't have any resources (or sometimes just the CPU & Memory) object associated with it so it's not collecting any data. I haven't found the table that tracks this relationship.

Additionally is there any way to bulk assign the resources to the nodes? We have cases where we remediate the SNMP settings on large numbers of nodes to get them working and then they have to be visited one at a time to get their resources updated. (Perhaps network discovery would work since it doesn't add objects that already exist?)

Thanks,

-Eric

• Re: Help with Resources associated with Nodes
          Chrystal Taylor

In the Database Manager, you can run a query on the interface and volume tables.  That should give you a list of what is being monitored by orion.  For instance:

Select * from interfaces where nodeid like '2'

That would list all of the interfaces associated with node 2, so as long as you know the node id you would be able to get a table.  If you don't know the node id, then it will take you a little longer to get the information. 

Hope this helped.

• Re: Help with Resources associated with Nodes
              waxxworx

Hi, that helps with the interfaces and volumes but what I'm looking for in particular is whether we're collecting the 'CPU and Memory Utilization' object. This is a checkbox in the 'List Resources' page and is sometimes unchecked thus no CPU or Memory stats are being pulled even if volume and interface data are. Does anyone know where that is tracked in the DB?

Thanks,

-Eric