4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2014 3:34 PM by Atamido

Rebuild

pozzwali

Server Crashed had to load up on a new system with different name though...  Any way to edit the variable in the DB?

The Orion website is currently unable to display this page. Orion polling and  alerting services often continue running, though this page cannot be displayed.  Please take the following steps to attempt to alleviate the issue:

1. Log in to the website again and navigate to another Orion page, allowing you  to isolate the error to this page.
      2. Ensure the Orion services are still running.
      3. Check that your SQL Server is still running and accessible.

Please notify SolarWinds of this error. We will address and help you fix the  issue.

Your specific error is:

Identity check failed for outgoing message. The expected DNS identity of the remote endpoint was 'OLDSERVER' but the remote endpoint provided DNS claim 'NEWSERVER'. If this is a legitimate remote endpoint, you can fix the problem by explicitly specifying DNS identity 'NEWSERVER' as the Identity property of EndpointAddress when creating channel proxy. 
        • Re: Rebuild
          smargh

Assuming the old hostname is gone, then delete the old hostname in AD DNS - I'm going to guess that it's confusing kerberos.

pozzwali

instead of wasting time on it i just renamed the new server the same as the old.  Path of least resistance.

Thanks for the help though

czajkaej

Any way to fix this. I moved from one server to another, (Hardware Upgrade). The old server was named "cl-orion", and the new one is "orion". But I changed the IP Address of the new server to the same as the old, and took the old server offline. Then moved detatched the databases, moved them to the new and re-attatched.

I get the following error when I go to edit a node:

Identity check failed for outgoing message. The expected DNS identity of the remote endpoint was 'cl-orion' but the remote endpoint provided DNS claim 'ORION'. If this is a legitimate remote endpoint, you can fix the problem by explicitly specifying DNS identity 'ORION' as the Identity property of EndpointAddress when creating channel proxy

I get this when I access the server via https://cl-orion and https://orion

Any Ideas?

Atamido

In case anyone else is wondering, when trying to change the primary poller to another server, it adds an additional entry to the "engines" table in the database, resulting in two entries marked as "primary".  This causes a number of random issues as services see the original primary poller first and try to talk to it.  Even with the same IP, it would throw an error because the names didn't match.  There are probably a couple valid ways to fix this, but what we ended up doing was modifying the nodes table to change the polling engine number for the existing nodes to the number of the new poller.  Then in the Settings -> Polling Engines section, it allowed us to delete the old poller as there were no more nodes assigned to it.