2 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2011 10:44 AM by twkirk

Port Details IP & Hostname

twkirk

Testing UDT RC2

Port Details section of a Cisco switch page is not displaying the IP and Hostname of a device on a port.  The MAC address is present. If I click on the MAC address, the IP and Hostname is correct.

Both Layer 3 and Polling jobs are present, and appear to be running successfully.

Not sure what to look at to get the Port Details section to display the IP and Hostname. It would also help if it could display the Alias of the port, similar to the Switch Port Mapper program in the Engineers Toolkit.  We use this to document ports that have been assigned to a specific node.

Thanks

Terry

• Re: Port Details IP & Hostname
          mavturner

On the node details Port Details resource, does the drop down for "Show IPs for" field say all associated routers or just a specific one? Try changing this to see if you get better results.

Regarding you question about alias, if you mouse over on a port from the UDT Summary view, do you see what you are looking for? This information was supposed to be included on the Port Details resource (see highlighted section below) but we weren't able to get to it. Or are you looking for this name on the node detail resource?

Mav

• Re: Port Details IP & Hostname
              twkirk

Hi Mav;

On most of the ones I looked at, the drop-down just says all associated routers, there is no other selection.  The switch shown in the attached document is a router itself, it also has a Cisco 2811 router connected directly to it.  One switch I looked at had "all associated routers", and also had three DECservers (serial port servers) listed in the drop-down.  These DECServers are attached to the switch, but are definitely not routers.

I have attached a word doc with two screen caps, one of the Percent utilization resource, which shows the alias and one for the Port Details resource which does not.

Is it possible to delete ports from UDT?  I found in Manage Ports, I could select them, but could only say not to monitor them, I could not click on Delete.  I have managed to include the stacking ports as monitored ports and would like to remove them.  It is also not clear that deleting the device from the UDT Manage Ports resource deletes the device from Orion, not just UDT.  I found this out the hard way.

Thanks

Terry