1 of 1 people found this helpful
Byron, open a ticket please and send diags. We would need to look at the web.log to see what the exception is and where it is coming from.
Well, I only have one customer reporting this error and at this point I have bigger fish to fry and I need to pick my battles. I will likely hold off on a ticket for this one. I was just hoping somebody may have a quick explanation or fix that they had run across.
Thanks for the response Brandon.
Ok, now I am ready to pick this battle.
I just opened a SolarWinds support ticket, Ticket #245439
Well, after working with SolarWinds support it seems that this issue was somehow associated with the specific username causing problems for Orion Additional Web, at least that's our best guess. After making a bunch of changes as part of testing the problem magically went away. Unfortunately no solid conclusions were made.
We just had this problem (having had it a while ago, ticket # 207458, but without clear resolution).
We noticed that the user's account worked fine when we logged into the primary poller, but not when we logged into the Additional Web Server.
Things we tried that did NOT work:
- deleting the user's info from the WebUserConfig table
- resetting the user's password/account in AD (this is an AD-enabled account)
- trying different browsers
- clearing various browser caches
What DID work (for us, this time at least, YMMV)
- go to the Additional Web Server
- Go to Server Manager
- Go to the IIS server, and click on Application Pools
- Click on the "SolarWinds Orion Application Pool"
- Recycle the sucker
The problem instantly cleared up.
Wow, bumping the app pool resolves the issue. That is good info to have, thanks for posting that!
The recycling of the app pool worked 100% for me thanks.
Was having the same issue with just one account.
An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party
See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail.
Recycled the App Pool and everything is now working.
Thanks for the update!!!!
this also worked for me.
Thanks for sharing!