1 Reply Latest reply on May 16, 2011 11:43 PM by nrms

Ability to disable basic and advanced alerts temporarily for a node or group of nodes

MrSampsonite

There should be the ability to select a single node or collection of nodes and mark them not to trigger alerts indefinitely or for a period of time and then later turn them back on. This is all without stopping monitoring, just the alerts.

Right now someone suggested adding a custom property to every node and then in every alert we create test to make sure the node has a certain value for that property. Seems like a hack job for something that should be built in (no offense to the person suggesting this).

• Re: Ability to disable basic and advanced alerts temporarily for a node or group of nodes
          nrms

I think that this is what the "Unmanage" facility/status is for. From what I understand you can do this manually or there is a scheduler if you want to do it based on time.

Unfortunately, the Unmanage thing is not really well defined anywhere I can easily find in the documentation; but I have 2 unmanaged nodes which I don't get alerts on but which are still being polled.

Perhaps someone from SW Staff can confirm or correct this; and perhaps see about having the documentation on this improved (or point out the correct location for the information!)