This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Add or remove monitored Port

Hi

How do I add och remove individual ports from a switch that is monitored or partly monitored?

/Thomas

• Currently we are unable to add/remove an individual port... However, You can unmanage a particular port by going into manage ports and where it says "Show:Nodes" modify that to "Show:Ports" and select the ports you with to unmanage and select "unmanage".

Hope this helps :)

• Hi

Almost correct but, at that place you can "monitor" and "unmonitor" the intefaces. Just what I wanted so thanks for leading me into the right place.

I would suggest to Solarwinds thought, that on the page "Port management: Show nodes", you can mark a node and press a button named "Show Node Ports" (or something like that) and that you only see the nodes on that particular node. Also I would like to be able to "shift-click" so I can mark several ports at the time.

Thanks!

• I think if you unmanage ports here, it unmanages them from the Orion environment, so be sure that is what you want to do as you will no longer get stats, alerts, etc...