Someone will be engaging you and help you with this soon. If you solve this offline, would you please circle back and post your solution here? I am sure others are quite interested in knowing about preservation of configuration, among other answers to your questions.
Hello there, I'll be seeking to assist with getting your license activated.
Don't be concerned about uninstalling ipMonitor - your important data files are left behind such that if you install into the same folder, your configuration remains intact.
Is it because I have an evaluation version of the software?
It's possible that the download you're trying to use is outside your maintenance window, and that might be the culprit. We'll find out.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I learned a few things, doing an uninstall does not remove the configuration, reports, etc. The resolution that finally worked, was after I had escalated this issue to the right person, technical support at SolarWinds contacted me. They provided me with a License cleanup exe. I ran that, and then after my license was reset with a new activation key, I was able to activate my license. Thank you to all who helped me with this issue.
Mr Foley got to the finish line before I could. Sneaky guy. Thanks Chris!
After talking with plankton, here's the steps that fixed this case up:
If your ipMonitor v10 license is governed to 25 licenses, you want to apply an unlimited commercial license, and cannot:
1) Backup your ipmonitor folder (just in case, take note of the install folder)
2) Download the commercial version of ipmonitor from your support portal
3) Uninstall ipmonitor, and reinstall into the same folder
4) Install the newly downloaded version of ipmonitor
5) Get customer service (or support) assistance with clearing out licenses on the computer (should result in a log file for developers to read through)... and their reapplication of your activation keys.