3 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2011 3:11 PM by derhally

SWIS Schema documentation - Aggregate tables?

dzumbro

is a little, shall we say, anemic.

So I'm looking for the names of the objects to query in SWQL. Specifically, I'm looking for the tables that are associated with the time-aggregated values of monitored attributes.

1) I'm told that anything being monitored is aggregated into hourly totals and then daily totals. Where in the Schema are these values located? Or are they extended properties of the attribute being monitored itself?

2) Anything like an object model to distinguish the relevant differences between IPAM.* and all of the Orion.*.*?

3) Finally, anything that targets C# development in .NET?

• Re: SWIS Schema documentation - Aggregate tables?
          derhally

You can use the SWQL Studio tool that comes with the sdk to browse the data model.  

For current stats look at

Orion.NodesStats

Orion.VolumesStats

For historical statistics look at

Orion.CPULoad

Orion.ResponseTime

Orion.VolumeUsageHistory

For C# development take a look at the VB.Net sample that is part of the SDK.

dzumbro

Thank you, the SWQL Studio is a little better for browsing than the documentation, but still is like learning a language by reading an encyclopedia. Is there anything anywhere that assigns a brief description to all of the tables? Like what precisely is in Orion.NodesWebCommunityStrings, for example?

Let's say I use Application Monitor to run custom SQL script that returns every minute the count of some business domain activity, such as "Documents Uploaded". Where would I find the aggregate values for this value for a day or for a month?

The examples you provide suggest that the historical statistics are only available for certain pre-defined measures.

Thanks,

Dave Zumbro

derhally

Hi Dave,

I agree the documentation is scarce.  We are working on improving the  documentation of the data model.

As far as APM is concerned, you would find that data in the Orion.APM.PortEvidence entity.

The ID column will be the ID of the component.  You can find the ID by looking at the Orion.APM.Component entity which contains the list of components that your application monitors are using.