This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Netflow Interface does not show data

I am a new user to NTA. When I click on an interface it shows no interface. Do I need to configure something for this to work. My NTA summary APPS etc do show the pie charts, but if I choose an interace from with in one of those windows there is no data on the interface.

I am running the latest versions and support packs.

• Try increasing the time interval from 15 minutes to an hour or to today (simply click the blue down arrow to change this in the web page).

On the NTA home page, do you see a timestamp for last flow received? Here is a screenshot from our online demo with the Last Flow Received column highlighted. If you see never for all of your rows, we are not receiving flows from any devices. Or, if you don't see a recent timestamp, then its possible something happened and we are no longer receiving flows from those devices. 

• Mav,

Thanks for the response. I am receiving flows on the NTA home screen and I tried pushing the time interval out to 1hour and still have nothing. I guess this requires a ticket to be opened.

Thanks.

• Based on the screen shot it appears that your resources are missing for this view.  You can verify this by going to Setting > Manage Views > Select   "Netflow Conversation" > Edit.  You should see " Total Bytes Transferred" and "Conversation Traffic History" in the Resources in Column 1 section.

I recommend opening a support case in order to further investigate.

Thanks,

Joseph

• Kindbro - the screenshot you posted does not show the interface of interest. Can you click on the + next to the green button and see if that interface is sending data?

• mcbridea,

Thanks for taking a peak. Here is a new screen shot.

When I go to look at the GB, or FE interfaces it looks like the first screen shot in this thread. If I look at the serial interface the data is there for CBQos. I have tried managing the view and the only options I see are the CBQos info. I do not have the option of adding the Total Bytes Transferred, nor have I seen where the converstion Traffic History is. I have an open case right now Case #241834, but have not heard back since I opened the ticket at 11am EST.

Thanks again.

• Mcbridea,

Here is the screen shot.

When I go into the details of GE and FE there is no data to see, as the first screen shot of this post shows. However, when i go into the details of the S1/0 interface i do see the CSQos details.

Thanks for helping out.

• Thanks all for the help. I finally got help from support and they fixed my issue. Im not sure if its default or not, but after the upgrade to NTA 3.7 the interface details were blank for netflow data.

To show the data in the interface details the support rep added the follwoing items. Im not sure if these are default or not, but they are working. Customize page, add +, Netflow Interface Resources, then he added the below items.

Top XX Endpoints

Top XX Protocols

Top XX Applications

Top XX Types of Service

Top XX Conversations

• So support finally got back to me and resolved my problem. Now all interfaces are showing the netflow data for the interface, to include the CBQos were it applies.

To show the data in the interface details we did the following. Customize Page, Add + resources, added the below items from the Netflow Interface Resources, we split them between Column 1 and 2 and hit done. I am not sure if these are the default resources or not, but it shows data that is specific to the interface I am viewing.

Top XX Endpoints

Top XX Protocols

Top XX Applications

Top XX Types of Service

Top XX Conversations

Thanks all for the input, hopefully this helps the next guy, or gal.

Bret