This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Help with Powershell

FormerMember
FormerMember

I have written a short Powershell script that goes out, checks a com object for availability, and restarts it if it is shut down.

I can run the script using runas, can run it interactively, and never have a problem. When the powershell script is invoked from IPmonitor, powershell starts for a short time and seems to close without ever running the script, and IPMonitor returns no error code, nor is anything logged in the various log locations/event viewer that powershell ever started with the credentials I am passing it.

I am attaching the config for the monitor, as well as the script itself. I can honestly say that I have tried nearly everything I can think of to get this to work - various command-line paramaters, changes to the directories, even multiple user accounts with varying levels of permissions, and all have failed.

Executable Name powershell.exe
Directory c:\windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0
Command Line Parameters -file c:\scripts\checkdetailexebroker.ps1
Startup Directory c:\windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

$remotemachine = "USHQCOMPLUS03"
$EmailPDF = "EmailPDF"
$CheckDetailExeBroker = "CheckDetailExeBroker"
$comObj = New-Object -comobject COMAdmin.COMAdminCatalog

$DLL=Get-WmiObject win32_process -computername $remotemachine -filter "Name = 'dllhost.exe' " | foreach-object { $_.CommandLine } | where-object { $_ -match "D2EAE3E6-9A00-4395-8953-3EEFDB0C1AB5|AC799898-ED26-4DCA-B1A6-DFA4FB4052AE" }
if ($DLL|where-object { $_ -match "AC799898-ED26-4DCA-B1A6-DFA4FB4052AE" }) {""}
else {"CheckDetailExeBroker on $remotemachine is not running, sending restart command"
       $comObj.Connect($RemoteMachine)
       $comObj.StartApplication($CheckDetailExeBroker)}

Start-sleep -s 10

$DLL=Get-WmiObject win32_process -computername $remotemachine -filter "Name = 'dllhost.exe' " | foreach-object { $_.CommandLine } | where-object { $_ -match "D2EAE3E6-9A00-4395-8953-3EEFDB0C1AB5|AC799898-ED26-4DCA-B1A6-DFA4FB4052AE" }
if ($DLL|where-object { $_ -match "AC799898-ED26-4DCA-B1A6-DFA4FB4052AE" }) {"$CheckDetailExeBroker on $remotemachine is running"}
else {"$CheckDetailExeBroker on $remotemachine did not successfully restart"
        exit 1}

If anyone can help me with this, I would hugely appreciate it.

Chuck Ball

• In the unlikely event that you still have this question, or in the more likely event that someone else has this same question, I think you are looking for page 232 of the APM Administrator Guide.

Specifically, in your WMI query add:

-credential '${credential}'