5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2013 9:44 AM by ashley.cotter

Cannot monitor CPU, RAM, packetloss of Fortigate

dangkywebntk

Dear All,

May i know that Solarwinds can monitor CPU, RAM of Fortigate ?

As i saw on NPM, it display the Packetloss, Interface Utilization but it alway in 0%.

Thanks and best regards,

• Re: Cannot monitor CPU, RAM, packetloss of Fortigate
          byrona

Out of the box NPM does not monitor CPU and Memory utilization for a Fortigate.  However, you can collect this data using UnDP's (Universal Device Pollers).  You will need to use a Transform to divide Mem Usage by Mem Capacity to get Mem Percent Used.

I believe the OID's you would need are as follows...

Fortinet CPU Usage: 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.1.8

Fortinet Mem Usage: 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.1.9

Fortinet Mem Capacity: 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.1.11

Hope this helps!

• Re: Cannot monitor CPU, RAM, packetloss of Fortigate
            networkingkool

Thanks to this post. I also get in this trouble and find out the solution by here.

First I know how to use UnDP

Second I know how to search a specific MIB in the huge list of MIBs which Solarwind support.

My fortigate is 110C, and OS is ver5.0. I know that is only support Fortinet core MIB and fortigate MIB then I must use (1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.4.1.4 for current memory utilize and 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.4.1.3 for current cpu utilize) instead of 2 OID above

I have two things want to ask forum:

- The CPU and Memory percentage are show up but in 2 separate radial gauges. My fist question is how to merge the two clock in one windows?

- I also want to show the firmware version of Fortiget then I use UnDP OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.4.1.1. But I dont know where to put the result in (chart, gauge,...)? I already tried somewhere but it did not work. I really want to add the firmware info in the Node detail-Summary bar

Thanks any replies.

1 of 1 people found this helpful