This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cannot monitor CPU, RAM, packetloss of Fortigate

Dear All,

May i know that Solarwinds can monitor CPU, RAM of Fortigate ?

As i saw on NPM, it display the Packetloss, Interface Utilization but it alway in 0%.

Thanks and best regards,

• Out of the box NPM does not monitor CPU and Memory utilization for a Fortigate.  However, you can collect this data using UnDP's (Universal Device Pollers).  You will need to use a Transform to divide Mem Usage by Mem Capacity to get Mem Percent Used.

I believe the OID's you would need are as follows...

Fortinet CPU Usage: 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.1.8

Fortinet Mem Usage: 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.1.9

Fortinet Mem Capacity: 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.1.11

Hope this helps!

• can it monitor NIC bandwidth usage (receive, transmit), errors, discards, current connections, uptime, etc?

• can it monitor NIC bandwidth usage (receive, transmit), errors, discards, current connections, uptime, etc?

Yes, it should discover interfaces like on any other device.

One thing to note: We found that the bandwidth data on our Foritgate VLAN's was incorrect, when we contacted Fortinet about this we were informed that it was due to a hardware issue and the only solution would be a hardware replacement and that there was currently no ETA on new ASIC availability.

• Thanks to this post. I also get in this trouble and find out the solution by here.

First I know how to use UnDP

Second I know how to search a specific MIB in the huge list of MIBs which Solarwind support.

My fortigate is 110C, and OS is ver5.0. I know that is only support Fortinet core MIB and fortigate MIB then I must use (1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.4.1.4 for current memory utilize and 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.4.1.3 for current cpu utilize) instead of 2 OID above

I have two things want to ask forum:

- The CPU and Memory percentage are show up but in 2 separate radial gauges. My fist question is how to merge the two clock in one windows?

- I also want to show the firmware version of Fortiget then I use UnDP OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.4.1.1. But I dont know where to put the result in (chart, gauge,...)? I already tried somewhere but it did not work. I really want to add the firmware info in the Node detail-Summary bar

Thanks any replies.

• What version of Fortigate do you have byrona?