7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2011 7:45 AM by aliendan

Celerra configuration.

aliendan

I am little confused at how a Celerra is configured. I am very new to profiler and may just need some explaining. Also what do you get from monitoring a Celerra?

• Re: Celerra configuration.
          Garrett Gross

All that is needed to configure Profiler to monitor a Celerra is the control station IP, username and password.

Through Profiler, you can monitor a myriad of metrics, ranging from data mover performance and network traffic.

The most used feature, however, is running file analysis scans on the volumes and reporting on largest files, newest files, etc.

The sky is the limit with file analysis, though, as you can create custom rules and report on specific metrics to get the data you are looking for.

If you have any issues with configuring Profiler to monitor your Celerra, feel free to submit a support ticket at solarwinds.com/support/ticket/

aliendan

In addition to the Login, password and IP Profiler wants this information.

Please enter the value for TCP Dump: Data Mover IP Address
              Please enter the value for TCP Dump: Data Mover Filesystem
              Please enter the value for TCP Dump: Access Path to Data Mover

I need more information in configuring these aspects.

mark wiggans
                • TCP Dump: Data Mover IP Address : Type the IP Address of a data mover that is chosen to store temporary files. The user defined above must have access to this file system.
                • TCP Dump: Data Mover File System : Enter the name of the file system chosen to store temporary files. The user defined above must have access to this file system.
                • TCP Dump: Access Path to Data mover: Specify the UNC path (Windows) or mount point (Unix/Linux) to the Data Mover filesystem.For instance, \\data_mover_ip\data_mover_share for Windows, and /mount_point_to_data_mover for Unix/Linux