6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2011 5:04 AM by stevel

Search within UDT

stevel

i really like the UDT program.....one problem i'm having is when i try to search i never get any results.  i've tried to search on a hostname or ip address of a user machine and nothing comes back.  that user is on one of the switches and it shows up in UDT on that switch.  i've aslo tried to search for the ip of one of the switches and still nothing....

• Re: Search within UDT

Hi Steve--

I've marked this for the PM to review.

M

mavturner

stevel,

Did you change the drop down to include the field you are searching for? For example, if you are searching for a specific endpoint by IP address, make sure the search drop down has IP select. Also, be aware that the search field expects explicit matching. This means that "test" and "tes" will not return the same results. If you are unsure, don't hesitate to put a "*" at the end or beginning of any of your queries :-)

Mav

stevel

Mav

i have tried that.  i put in just a * and only a few of the switch have data.  when i did the discovery i end up with about 40 switches.  is there i limit to the discovery in the beta?  i have about 5 different locations and none of the switches in my local network have data....what i do have is from remote sites....

jcolom

Sounds like not all the devices in the network were discovered. Could you verify if the Access Switch that you believe that end-point is connected to was indeed discovered? Since you don't have too many device in the list, you can do this by looking at the list of nodes in the summary page. If the access switch was not discovered, then you may not get good results.

mavturner

By default, we show direct connections. In some cases, you could not be showing any results because the connection type was not correctly discovered. Change the Connection Type in the search results to All Connections and let us know if you see any results.