5 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2011 9:28 AM by Mr. Wick

Multiple MACs, same port

Mr. Wick

Hello,

I've just installed beta 8, my first crack at UDT.  So far it looks very promising to do what we wish for it to do.

One thing I've noticed is that each port has two MACs and VLANs attached.  one is the MAC and VLAN for the device attached, and the other is the native VLAN and the MAC address of the port itself. 

I hope this is a case of too much information collected that will get filtered out during the beta.

My other question, which may not be appropriate for this setting, is what is the expected pricing structure of this product?

Thanks,
      Dan

• Re: Multiple MACs, same port
          mavturner

Dan,

Glad you like what you see so far! 

Where exactly do you see this information? On the tooltip (mouseover of the port) or on the Port Details page? What type of device is doing this and is it consistent for all of your devices? Are these Cisco switches with the voice vlan configured? Do you mind posting a screenshot?

The product will be licensed by number of managed ports. I will send more detailed information to you directly.

Thanks,

Mav

• Re: Multiple MACs, same port
              Mr. Wick

Mav,

Thanks for your response.  My testing so far is limited to my own building, consisting of 11 Switches.  The only switches displaying this behavior are Cisco Catalyst 3548 XL.  It is being displayed on both the Node Details page and the Port Details page.  At least in my limited testing.  These, clearly, are pretty old, and running 12.0(5)WC13, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1).  There is an available IOS upgrade, but only to 12.0(5)WC17.

Here is a screenshot of what is displayed.  Below this is a shot of the port configuration.

I will likely be expanding my UDT environment tomorrow, and will incorporate more device types to see if the situation follows the 3548 switches.

Thanks for looking into this, I really appreciate it!

Dan