This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Data Logging on CX4-480

For those of you who are running Data Logging on an EMC Clariion, do you accept the default settings and let it run continously?  Storage Profiler makes mention of when configuring/adding EMC Array, make sure you enable data logging on both SPA and SPB.  There is no mention (i think) of which settings to use when enabling data logging.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

• You only need to "Enable Statistics" on both your SPs. Profiler does not require data logging to be enabled. Let us know where you see us mention that, and we will have the documentation corrected.  Remember that Enabling (disabling) Data Logging implicitly enables (disables) Statistics Logging.  Once you turn off Data Logging, be sure to go and enable Statistics for Profiler to continue gathering information.

• I read it wrong.  It should have been Statistics Logging and NOT Data Logging as indicated on the instructions.  I went ahead and enabled Statistics Logging on both Storage Processors and made sure Data Logging was disabled since it requires more system resources.  Thank you again for answering my questions!

Clariion Only: Log into Navisphere, and enable Statistics Logging for both Storage Processors