This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to list Windows versions (and Service Packs) of monitored servers?

I need to make a report that shows me only Windows 2008 R2 servers, that do *not* have Service Pack 1 installed. And I am having trouble on figuring out how to do that. I want to make an "Inventory" type report (I'm guessing), but what fields do I look at to show me Windows Version? I know that "Machine Type" from the Nodes table will show me "Windows 2008 R2 Server", but that doesn't show me the Service Pack that is installed. Is that information stored anywhere I can get at it? For example, a "ver" at a command line tells me "Microsoft Windows  [Version 6.1.7601]", which indicates that the SP is installed. A non-SP machine lists "Microsoft Windows  [Version 6.1.7600]". So if I can filter on that version number, that would allow me to filter to only the machines I need.

Thanks

Mike

• Will the Description field from the Nodes table work for you?

• Will the Description field from the Nodes table work for you?

It will. However, the "iOSVersion" field is easier, I think, as it lists only OS version, and the "Description" field also includes CPU type and other extraneous information.

So, by filtering on "IOSVersion" contains "6.1 (Build 7600", I can get Win 2008 R2 without SP1. Contains "6.1 (Build 7601" will give me Win 2008 R2 with SP2.

Tanks everybody for the help! I think I am set (for this report, anyway). :-)