This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is there any difference between DB Maintenance in GUI and DB Maintenance in automated?

There have a lot of gaps during the NPM daily auto DB Maintenance. And the DB Maintenance in automated almost take 12 hours every time.

But when I run the DB Maintenance manually, it only take 10 minutes.

Is there any difference between these two kinds of DB Maintenance?

• I don't think there is, but it could be that it did the statistic roll when the scheduled one ran, but when you ran it a second time, it didn't need to do it so it skipped that step.

Look in the Orion directory for files called swdebugMaintenance.log and swdebugMaintenance.log.#.  These are the log file, you can look to see which step is taking the longest time and figure out what you want to do from there.

• I did check the log file. Summarizing hourly data from NPM_WIRELESS took the longest time. Sometimes it even have errors in this step.

When I run the DB Maintenance maunally, Summarizing hourly data from NPM_WIRELESS also took the longest time.

I check the size of DB tables which is related to NPM_WIRELESS, the biggest table is"NPM_NV_WL_APS_DETAIL", it almost 480 MB. Is there something wrong with this table?

• I did check the log file. Summarizing hourly data from NPM_WIRELESS took the longest time. Sometimes it even have errors in this step.

When I run the DB Maintenance maunally, Summarizing hourly data from NPM_WIRELESS also took the longest time.

I check the size of DB tables which is related to NPM_WIRELESS, the biggest table is"NPM_NV_WL_APS_DETAIL", it almost 480 MB. Is there something wrong with this table?

I had this exact problem. Mine filled up my log drive every week which also took down NPM.

Here's the fix from Tech Support.

Thank you for contacting Solarwinds Technical Support, my name is Sean and I have been assigned to this case. We have seen an issue with the Database Maintenance that could possibly growing the Transaction log. The issue is that the Wireless information is not being rolled up due to a Primary Key Constraint Error. This can be corrected by running the SQL Files in the attached Zip file, you will need to run them in the following order:
    Run "1 RemoveForeginKeys.sql"
    Run "2 NewIndexes.sql" which takes about 11.5 minutes for a large database
    Run "3 RepairPrimaryKeys.sql" which takes a few minutes or less
    Run "4 SummarizeWirelessHourly.sql" which takes hours
    Run "5 SummarizeWirelessDaily.sql" which takes minutes

Once Completed, the Wireless issue will be resolved completely. This should also increase the SQL Performance. After this is ran, this should shrink the Transaction log down.

PM me your e-mail I will send you the .sql files.