1 Reply Latest reply on May 4, 2011 8:21 AM by richard.potts

Export to PDF with custom time period

nrms

Morning!

Run into a small issue when attempting export an NTA page from the Orion Web Console running NTA 3.7 where a custom time period is used. Backend is Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise with a MySQL 2008 R2 Database.

If I use either a Named Time Period or a Relative Time Period I have no issues exporting my web page to a PDF. However, if I want to generate a report based on a Custom Time Period the export fails with a dialogue stating:

There was an error trying to export the page to PDF, please try again later.
      Export to PDF failed. Err: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

Does this affect anyone else out there, and is this a bug in SolarWinds or the web server? I'm assuming it is somehow related to the fact that the URL contains backslashes as date separators, e.g. my URL is:
      http://<FQDN>/Orion/TrafficAnalysis/NetflowEndpointDetails.aspx?NetObject=NE:<IP_Address>;N:1;T:13/04/2011%2007:00~13/04/2011%2016:00;FD:Ingress

Just wondering if there is a workaround, or if I should be raising this as a bug.

Thanks,
      Neil

Quick addition:
      Just tried to do a similar export of the average load graph for a Cisco router from within Orion NPM Web Console for a Custom Time period, and no issues despite that URL also using a backslash in the date:
      http://<FQDN>/Orion/NetPerfMon/CustomChart.aspx?SubsetColor=&RYSubsetColor=&ChartName=CISCOMMAVGCPULOAD&Title=&SubTitle=&SubTitle2=&Width=640&Height=0&SampleSize=30M&Period=01/01/2011%2000:00:00~01/01/2011%2023:59:00&FontSize=1&CustomPollerID=&Rows=&PlotStyle=&ResourceID=21&NetObject=N:52&NetObjectPrefix=

• Re: Export to PDF with custom time period
          richard.potts

Hi,

Neil isn't alone; I have the same issue when using the "export to pdf" option from NTA. It works fine if you are graphing events over a period of time that can be reconciled by both UK and US time formats  - e/g: 04/05/11 (4th May 2011 in UK or 5th April in US format).

However if I try to graph outside of this, say 30/04/2011 (30th April 2011) then I presume that cannot be reconciled to the 04th of "30" 2011 and the report fails to run correctly.

Regards

Richard