This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Reports using SNMP Universal Poller values?? Can I create a report?

I want to create a report for UPSes on our network. The information I need is in the Universal Poller variables I've defined. Is it possible to create a report using those variables as fields?

Thanks

• For a report with just one custom poller in it select the Historical - Custom Pollers option form the New menu in Report Writer.

For reports with multiple pollers I have always had to create an Advanced SQL type report and write a query with multiple subqueries for each poller

• Excellent. I'll give that a shot.

• I've been able to do some reports with the Historical - Universal Poller option. Oddly though I can go to Orion and see that a poll value is filled for a particular node, however, when I run the report and filter on that OID I do not get results. I have filtered on other OIDs and it has workd and I've gotten results.

Are there any sample SQL reports joining MIB values?

• Is there a way to remove duplicate rows from a report? The poller has multiple entries for each based on the polling.

• Off the top of my head, one way to accomplish this would be to copy the SQL query into an Advanced SQL report and adding DISTINCT to the select statement.

• Hi there,

I'm looking through these forums looking for a way to build inventory type reports that contain values from multiple undps. For example, an F5 load balancer with it's model number, software version and hotfix all in columns next to it. All of those values are retrieved via individual UNDPs. From what you seem to be saying this is not easily done through the report writer screen? I'm having trouble with it for sure, it's as if I need an 'OR' operator in the filter tab but don't have one. I can do individual reports with these values or make it so that they all come up in a very long table but it shouldn't be much to ask to have them in their own columns stretching across the page in one hit.

You have done something similar with a direct sql query have you? Trouble is I don't know any sql...

Thanks.