This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Interface Utilization with e.g. Top 5 Conversation Alert

Hi guys,

Hope i'm posting in the right area.

I have alerts setup to monitor both transmit and receive utilization on a router interface.

e.g. Device:      ${NodeName}
       Interface:  ${NetObjectName}
       Receive Percentage:  ${Interface.InPercentUtil}%
       Receive Amount:        ${Inbps as Bandwidth}bps

This works great but i was wondering if there was a way to include information from NTA such as top 5 conversations or top 5 endpoints, i order to see within the email alert itself which devices are hogging bandwidth.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• There are no variables available to embed NetFlow information within e-mail alerts. Instead, you can use the E-Mail a Web Page alert action to forward a web page that would include this information. Specifically, check out the following two canned alerts:

High Receive Percent Utilization with Top Talkers

High Transmit Percent Utilization with Top Talkers

You'll notice the e-mail web page action and the ingenious use of an SQL query to extract a custom URL from the database. I believe the e-mail alert is supposed to include an embedded web page that includes, among other things, the top 5 conversations and top 5 endpoints. The following thread provides more information about these two alerts:

Top Talker Alert

• Thank you. This helped!