2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2011 4:44 PM by iamjayta

Report do not generate in Web Console

iamjayta

Hi All,

Hope you can help me with my problem. I have an admin account in Solarwinds, i have an access to \Reports but when i'm about to generate "Average and Peak Traffic Rates" (Last 7 days or Last month) via web console, i got this error. "Request Time Out".

I tried to login to the server and i can generate the report from it.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jay

• Re: Report do not generate in Web Console
          Jason.Henson

Jay,

When you log into the server and run the report are you running it from the Orion Report Writer?  Does it take a long time to run?

It's possible that the web is timing out based on the SQL request timeout configured on the swnetperfmon.db file in the installation directory.  This file can be opened and edited in notepad and the configuration for the SQL timeout is at the bottom of the page. 

Check there and let us know. 

Thanks,
          Jason Henson
          Loop1 Systems
          www.Loop1Systems.com

• Re: Report do not generate in Web Console
              iamjayta

Hi Jason,

i got the same error. Kindly see details below.

Heres the error:

The Orion website is currently unable to display this page. Orion polling and alerting services often continue running, though this page cannot be displayed. Please take the following steps to attempt to alleviate the issue:

1. Log in to the website again and navigate to another Orion page, allowing you to isolate the error to this page.
              2. Ensure the Orion services are still running.
              3. Check that your SQL Server is still running and accessible.

Please notify SolarWinds of this error. We will address and help you fix the issue.

Your specfic error is:

Request timed out.