1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 6, 2011 12:54 PM by qle

Get CPU Speed for all servers.

SOcchiogrosso

I see reports that pull the current CPU usage in percentage, but I trying to add columns for the speed of the CPU that is in the server. I figure if it can pull the CPU usage in percentage NPM must be storing the actual CPU size/speed somewhere in there (right?)

I downloaded one or two universal device pollers and reports from the content exchange but it doesn't populate the reports.

(Or if I need to create another device poller, how would I go about finding the MIB/OID of what I need? I assume this would different for each type of server I have?)

• Re: Get CPU Speed for all servers.
          qle

You are correct, you'll need to create a UnDP for each brand of server. Here are the two I know about:

Dell: 1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.1.1100.30.1.12

HP : 1.3.6.1.4.1.232.1.2.2.1.1.4

Besides the different OIDs for each brand, you'll probably need to have the corresponding management software loaded on each system in order for the OID to return a value. For Dell, this would be OpenManage and for HP, I believe this would be Insight.

If you have a different brand, you'll need a utility that will allow you to walk or browse the MIB. It'll be a bit more cumbersome since you'll have to find manually search for the correct OID for the processor speed.

I hope this gets you pointed in the right direction.