4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2014 2:41 PM by luckyone

VM Console not displaying

mwooton

I installed VM Console and it was working fine.

At some point it has stopped displaying anything on screen.  It is running in the task bar but I never see the screen for VM console.  I have uninstalled and re-installed several times.  Anyone have any idea?

• Re: VM Console not displaying
          SteveSW

mwooton,

Right click the console tray app icon and select Show SolarWinds Vm Console to make sure you are running visibly. If that doesn't work right click the tool in the task bar and select move, then use the arrow keys to move the application back. If that doesn't work close the application completely (including the tray app) and open the application's .config file. Set "MinimizeToTray" to False, "StartMinimized" to False, "Opacity" to 100, "WindowX" to 0, and "WindowY" to 0. Save the config file changes and then restart the tool.

--HTH

Steve

mwooton

Awesome Steve thanks!  You got me in the right direction.  I couldn't select move by right clicking the tool in the task bar but I made sure the program was running and pressed Alt+Space and the menu appeared so I could choose move and then moved it to the center of the screen. Thanks for the help!

SteveSW

mwooton,

No problem. Thanks for letting me know that worked for you.

--

Steve

luckyone

SteveSW

I am experiencing the same problem as mwooton on 2 of my 3 computers.

However, in attempting to follow your instructions:

• nothing happens when I select "show SolarWinds VM Console"
                      • I dont have a "move" option when I right-click the tool in the task bar, therefore I cant move it
                      • I exited out of the App, and edited the Config file, but all settings are the same as you state they should.

Prior to finding this post, I re-ran the setup file, and tried the following(In the following order)

• repair
                      • remove and reinstall.

I have also Uninstalled the Program in Control Panel, and removed all reference to Solar Winds in my registry (This is the only Solar Winds product I have loaded). Rebooted, and re-downloaded SolarWinds-VMConsole.zip from SolarWinds Web. Ran the install, but I get the same thing.

It 'seems' like the problem started when I minimized the App.

Any suggestions?