This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Changing the IP Address of an ICMP device. Never returns status until delete and add

We are having to renumber some of our subnets.  I have a few devices monitored by ICMP on.  After changing the address of them, they never change state again until I delete and add them again.  At first I thought it might be DNS so I cleared the cache, but no change.  Am I doing something wrong here?

• What Orion Version you have  ? Are you getting the historical data after changing the Node ip ? 

• No historical information.  Currently the status is unknown.  I can ping the device from the command line.

• Oop.  Forgot the version NPM 10.1.1 SP1.

• I'm getting similar things with interfaces on nodes that have had the IP changed, interfaces don't poll properly until I deleted and re-added the node.  Using 10.1.2 (latest I know of) right now.

• - Upgrade to 10.1.2 NPM

- Must reboot Orion server once upgraded. 

- Must complete the Baseline after an upgrade 

If you still have the issue please do the following. 

REPLACE JOB ENGINE
    1. Stop all Orion services from Orion Service Manager.
    2. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\JobEngineV2\Data\JobEngine35.sdf file and rename it to JobEngine35_OLD.sdf
    3. Then create a copy of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\JobEngineV2\Data\JobEngine35 - Blank.sdf one and rename it to JobEngine35.sdf.
    4. This way you have the old one to revert back to and you always have a blank copy in case issue reoccurs.
    5. Right click on properties of the JobEngine35.sdf you have created and untick the read only box and click ok.

REPLACE JOB TRACKER
    2. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Collector\Data\JobTracker.sdf file and rename it to JobTracker_OLD.sdf
    3. Then create a copy of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Collector\Data\JobTracker - Blank.sdf one and rename it to JobTracker.sdf.
    4. This way you have the old one to revert back to and you always have a blank copy in case issue reoccurs.
    5. Right click on properties of the JobTracker.sdf you have created and untick the read only box and click ok.

REPLACE POLLING COLLECTOR
    2. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Collector\Data\PollingController.sdf file and rename it to PollingController_OLD.sdf
    3. Then create a copy of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Collector\Data\PollingController - Blank.sdf one and rename it to PollingController.sdf.
    5. Right click on properties of the PollingController.sdf you have created and untick the read only box and click ok.
    6. Restart all Orion Services

How to Repair Job Engine
    - Open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Installers.
    - On a 2008 system, this will be under C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Installers.
    - Run the Jobengine.msi and select Repair.
    How to Repair Job Engine V2
    - Open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Installers.
    - Run the Jobengine.v2.msi and select Repair.

How to Repair Information Service
    - Run the InformationService.msi and select Repair.

How to Repair Collector Service
    - Run the CollectorInstaller.msi and select Repair.
    If you still have the same issue please open a support ticket.