This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

change location of syslog db in engineer toolkit 10.6

Hi all,

i have a problem with the syslog server in Engineer Toolkit 10.6 and hope i can find some help with it here.

I installed the toolkit on a server with 4 HDD's configured as 2 RAID1-array's. The first set of HDD's is used for the OS. The second set is used for the Engineer Toolkit. So i installed it on that drive. Now i started to use the Syslog server that comes with the toolkit. Surprisingly i saw it placed the syslog database on the same drive where the OS is on. That's what i didnt want to have it.

Does anyone knwo how to change the location where the syslog server does store the database?

Thanks for any help in advance.

• mdeul,

Currently you cannot change the location of the Syslog Server tool's database file. It will always look in <COMMON APP DATA>\SolarWinds\Syslog.mdb. That is the default file location for most tools though many of the other tools let you change the location. The syslog database is an Access database so it is limited to 2 GB maximum.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

--

Steve