5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2011 9:11 AM by bleearg13

Re-size of Columns in Manage Subnets & IP Addresses??

kenosmith3

Hello all,

I'm starting an evaluation of IPAM and I've come across annoying issue that should be addressed by Solarwinds. I'm unable to re-size the columns in the Left window on the manage Subnets & IP Addresses.  see below:

We need the capability to see clearly mulitple  layers as we'll be managing over 12K IPs in our environment.. Is there a work around to resize these columns?

• Re: Re-size of Columns in Manage Subnets & IP Addresses??
            rgward

I gave it a try using a local Admin account and it throws the following error.   I'm assuming SWIS is the "SolarWinds Orion Information Service v1" service which is Running.   Any ideas what is the problem?

************** Exception Text **************
            System.ApplicationException: No SWIS proxy layer available.
               at SolarWinds.IPAM.Client.SwisProxy.IpamInformationServiceProxyFactory.GetIpamInformationServiceProxy(String address, Int32 port, String username, String password)
               at SolarWinds.IPAM.Client.IpamClientProxy.get_SwisProxy()
               at SolarWinds.IPAM.Client.IPAMEntitySetting.InternalGetGlobals()
               at SolarWinds.IPAM.Client.IPAMEntitySetting.GetGlobal(SettingCategory category, String name)
               at SolarWinds.IPAM.InternalSettings.FrmMain.LoadSettings()
               at SolarWinds.IPAM.InternalSettings.FrmMain.RefreshSettings()
               at SolarWinds.IPAM.InternalSettings.FrmMain.btnRefresh_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
               at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
               at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
               at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
               at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
               at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
               at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
               at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
               at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
               at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
               at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

• Re: Re-size of Columns in Manage Subnets & IP Addresses??
            msab

same issue here. I am doing an evaluation and the columns are cutting off my subnets and descriptions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike