This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Clean System Uptime Format in Basic Alert

Is it possible to get a good system uptime format with a basic alert?  I found a way to format the uptime nicely but it requires an sql equation which doesn't seem to work in the basic alerts?  We use basic alerts for everything and I don't really want to change just to get a good format uptime. 

• The basic alerts are going to be very templated and limited as far as what you can design into them.  Your best bet for getting the results you need will be to leverage the Advanced Alert Manager. 

I also understand where you are coming from in consolidating all of your alerts to the basic alert manager but with the direction SolarWinds appears to be headed in and the feature options available with the Advanced Alert Manager, my recommendation to you would be to strongly consider migrating your alerts to the Advanced Alert engine and consolidate there.

Thanks,
    Jason Henson
    Loop1 Systems
    www.Loop1Systems.com

• Thanks for the response.  That's what I was afraid of.