The historical info resources shows changes in IP, hostname or state. When no changes are detected during the scan, then there are no records in historical info resource.
Regarding the minor bug with Solarwinds tabs no function on IP Address details page:
What kind of browser are you using?
Hmm - it seems inconsistent - I see info showing up for routers/switches that havn't changed at all - and conversely on the same subnet other routers/switches dont show anything at all - I see the same thing with PCs regardless of whether they're on static or dynamic IPs - again for machine that havn't changed...
Regarding browser - I'm using IE8 with all the latest patches - however I see the same behaviour with Chrome - none of the tabs at the top of the page are clickable anymore. Another annoying thing is if I hit back on my browser it drops me right to the top of the IPAM database so I have to drill back down again...
Regarding Jon's question - yes - I run 2 DHCP servers and split the scope across them for redundancy - previously I couldn't put them both into IPAM - now it all looks fine and I've imported both DHCP servers and its looking good - been waiting for this since v1 :)
Hi, maybe I am missing something, but how were your issues of split DHCP scopes resolved? Can one subnet be serviced by two dhcp servers?
It works automatically like this:
1) disable duplicated subnets in IPAM Global Settings
2) Scan 1st DHCP server - scopes are discovered and related subnets, if not already present, are created, and linked to that DHCP server
3) Scan 2nd DHCP server - scopes are discovered and linked to already existing subnets even though those subnets are already linked to DHCP server 1
4) When you then look at IPs in column Scope Name you can see name of particular scope this IP is served by
So if you already suffer from previous duplicated subnets issues caused by DHCP slit you might fix it as follows:
1) delete scopes (or whole DHCP server) from both DHCP server but DO NOT DELETE its SUBNETS !!!
2) delete duplicated subnets
3) disable duplicated subnets in IPAM Global Settings
4) continue from point 2) of 1st paragraph
I am able to reproduce the issue with the tab on the IP Address Details view so we will look at this bug.
I'm not sure what to tell you about some devices having history and others not. Can you open a ticket with support about this?