This is somewhat possible, however, it requires alot of work. We plan to make this alot easier in a future version.
To accomplish this you first create a report using the Add New Report Wizard. Add the Monitors you need.
Once the report is created, you need to add 5 time selections:
- Start At this week. Go forward 1 day and 9 hours. Include 8 hours. (This will give you Monday 9-5)
- Start At this week. Go forward 2 days and 9 hours. Include 8 hours. (This will give you Tuesday 9-5)
- Start At this week. Go forward 3 days and 9 hours. Include 8 hours. (This will give you Wednesday 9-5)
Once the 5 Time selections are created, you then need to add Report Elements (Graphs, Tables, etc.) for each time selection.
Hope this helps.
Chris Foley | Support Specialist
SolarWinds | IT Management, Inpired By You
Support:866.530.8040 || Fax:512.857.0125
explore our IT management solutions for:
networks | applications | storage | virtualization
I'm being asked to generate this report on a quarterly basis. So its not 5 time selections, its around 60.
Also, am I correct in that each day/time selection would have its own independant elements? No way to average everything together for the individual selections?
Has there been any progress to this? Having business hours reports easily available is one issue that is pushing us away from the ipMonitor product. (and no we would NOT be replacing it with another Solarwinds one)
As for the filters, I don't see any such tabs for reports.
Is it also possible to achieve that results by using filters?
Our goal: Reports for Monday to Friday, 7 am to 5 pm.
We tried to filter report results like by adding filters under the "filter results" tab:
- records where Day of Week ist not equal to Saturday
- records where Day of Week ist not equal to Sunday
- records where Hour of Day (24 hour format) is greater than or equal to 8
- records where Hour of Day (24 hour format) is less than or equal to 17
If we now start the report we don't get any data. If we uncheck the filter "records where Hour of Day (24 hour format) is greater than or equal to 8" everything just works fine.
Has anyone experienced that kinda problem?