5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2011 1:24 PM by Ralphr

Inventory Report

nweibel

I am looking for some ideas on how to build a report that has the same details from what I use to get out of Cisco Works. 

This report was nice to have because it would show a lot of detail from my access layer switches.  I have attached a excel document that shows all the fields that I would like to see in this report.  Any ideas would be very helpful.

Thanks

• Re: Inventory Report

Hi nweibel--

I'm moving this to the Report Lab forum where it will get more visibility.

M

qle

Can you give any more details about this report? What is the purpose or the type of information you're trying to obtain from this report?

nweibel

The purpose of the report is to have all of the information listed in one report for a network inventory.  I am able to find the computer host name, location and switch all in one report.  Cisco Works did a great all in one report for me, as you can see. SolarWinds can get most of the information I am looking for but the info is in several reports.

qle

I'm not sure if NPM will be able to produce all of the information that CiscoWork does, much less provide it in one report but let's give this a try. You said that you found a report that includes the hostname, location and switch? What switch is that? Also, what other information would you like to appear in this report?

Ralphr

If you have the engineers toolset you can do a switch port mapping that you could export that will provide this info.  Do not think you will be able to to do the IP to MAC to Switch Port correlations with just NPM easily if at all.