4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2011 1:57 AM by Questionario

Opinions on APM?

Term

I'm sure many of you are trying out Orion APM now.  What are your opinions?  I'm still considering options for a server to put it on (it requires 3GB ram and a windows server OS).

I tried installing it on a XP machine and the first thing I've noticed is that its a RAM pig.  There are 5 or 6 services running, many of them eating 20 or 30 MB each.  It also creates 5 or 6 installer entries.  

• Re: Opinions on APM?

Term-

I'm going to move this to the APM forum where it will get more traction.

M

Term

I wanted to see what other ipmonitor customers that were considering the transition think.  But maybe it is just too quiet here and it needs a few more days.

It occurred to me that you might want to do that but I think you'll find you won't get too many responses.

I'll leave it here for now. If you don't hear anything, post another one in APM.

M

Questionario

I haven't used ipmonitor but we are using APM, for our use-cases it is still too buggy in its current version (has been ever since we purchased with (I believe it was version 3.0) about 1,5years ago).

We are hoping that the bugs will be fixed soon and that we will finally be able to use APM, maybe before the 2year mark :P

If you are happy with ipmonitor now,I would stick with ipmonitor unless you need a specific feature of APM... do try out the trial version before then and make sure you have all the monitors created you need before deciding, many can only be used limited.