This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Firewall Device Views

Other then using the default  Node Details I am interested in finding out how other contributors have manipulated the detail design of pages that display firewall data.

Example:  Cisco ASDM used for the 5500 chassis solution has some nice starter displays called Device Dashboard and Firewall Dashboards.  Which would be a more comprehensive NPM display, particularly if the VPN components could be added.

So my question is how have you optimized your node detail displays for your firewalls.  I would like to start a discussion and some information sharing.

• If you go the Admin/Setting page in the web console you should see in the top right links for views by device type and manage view.  If you select the out of the box node details view, clone it and name it something like Firewall Device view, add the specific stuff you want on there and under views by device type for the machine type that aligns with your firewall select the new firewall view you created.

See here as an example

• If you go the Admin/Setting page in the web console you should see in the top right links for views by device type and manage view.  ....

Thanks for your interest and response. 

I am fully aware on the process of adding in and assigning Device views. I am more interested in the content, layout, or modfications other contributors have applied to their "firewall" views.

• I have added some Undp tabulars for vpn connections, but would, like you, like to see what others have for thier firewall pages.

• Don,

I you wish to share your vpn connection tabulars maybe we / community can start building a good firewall details solution for npm.  I've seen some wonderful solutions here when a dialog gets moving.

Thanks