5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2011 11:16 AM by MarieB

Run script in cattools

Hi to all.

Is it possible to run script in cattools in order to read the devices ip address from an externa files.

Thanks, Fabio.

• Re: Run script in cattools
          Steve Welsh

Hi Fabio,

I noticed before you asking whether you can use the device IP address with the output filename?

The answer to this question is yes, so long as you are specifying the device Ip Address in the HostAddress field of the device setup.

You can then use the %HostAddress% filename variable in your device related filename: http://www.kiwisyslog.com/help/cattools/act_filenamevariables.htm

With regards to your question above:

Is it possible to run script in cattools in order to read the devices ip address from an externa files.

Can you elaborate a little on what you are trying to acheive?

Regards,

Steve 

• Re: Run script in cattools

Thanks Steve for your time.

I wanted to gather more information in order to formulate just one question. Actually i have a list of ip address.

Till now i copied 20 ip address, past to catTools and wait for the final result. The problem is that i have 1000 ip address, so i want to perform a script like:

-Loading automatically 20 ip address

-Producing th output

-Loading following ip address.

In a few word the script has only one task:  loading the ip address.

Before to spend my time i would like to now if CatTools support thsi type og operation.

Thanks