3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2011 2:22 PM by byrona

Move Web Console to another server

Don Broyles

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to move/install the web console off of the NPM server onto a dedicated web server. I know that I can purchase an additional Web engine but that's just not in the budget.

I've read that performance can be improved by not using the Web console on the NPM server itself. 

NPM 10.1.1

Thanks,

Don.

• Re: Move Web Console to another server
          byrona

Don

Unfortunately you will need to purchase the Additional Web component in order to run the web server on a different system.

Are there specific performance issues you are experiencing?  Also, how many users do you have accessing the WebUI and is your primary system under heavy load now?

Don Broyles

Neither the Primary server or SQL server are under heavy load and they are on dedicated servers as well. The initial connection to ORION is very slow but after that performance isn't too terribly bad. I'm just a little frustrated after spending this much money on dedicated hardware that the web console is still as slow as it is.

There are 4 users of the web console.

I was also hoping to move the web console to the other side of our firewall but I guess it would require an additional web componant.

Thanks anyways.

Don

byrona

The initial connections always seem slow, even with the additional web component.  When I restart Orion and have to re-establish my connection it always takes forever, I am guessing this is due to some caching that takes place.  I just keep my browser opened to it all of the time to avoid this.  In your case I don't think you would likely see any significant performance improvements by moving it to a different server.

Having it on a different side of a firewall is always a nice thing, that's one of the main things we use it for since we now have customers accessing it.