3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2011 5:13 PM by fcaron

Can you manually configure the way a graph scales?

rbascom

I have an Internet circuit that goes out a Cisco 2811, FastEthernet interface. This then goes to a copper-to-fiber convertor and ISP only allows 50Mb.

On a utilization graph, NPM correctly picks up: Recv 100.0 Mbps Xmit 100.0 Mbps for the FastEthernet interface, but this doesn't reflect the true bandwidth available on the circuit.

Is there anyway to manually adjust the 100% mark so that it's 50Mb? Here's the graph:

• Re: Can you manually configure the way a graph scales?
          fcaron

Hi Rbascom,

My read of your posting is that you want the Utilization % metric, displayed in chart and gauges, to be calculated based on the truly available bandwidth (50MB) as opposed to the physical speed of the uinterface, which your ISP does not give you full access to (i.e. 100MB in your example).

Whatever solution might be available, the starting point will be to make sure that the true avail. bandwidth (50MB) is being discovered or populated somewhere in NPM, typically in a Custom Property, for ex.

Is it the case?

• Re: Can you manually configure the way a graph scales?
              rbascom

Yes, you are correct in your understanding of what I am trying to do.

Currently, the discovered property for the 100% utilization mark is 100Mb and that is accurate and it is coming from the device.

So could you possibly expand on your idea of have that property being discovered or populated somewhere in NPM to a different value using a Custom Property. Or perhaps point me to the pages in the NPM user guide. I am not certain that I understand how a Custom Property would be of help.