2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2011 10:00 AM by Sol

UPS Model in alert e-mail

Sol

We're using an alert to tell us when a UPS battery fails. It would expedite battery replacement if we knew what the model of the UPS was. I'm trying to pass that variable in an alert but so far I'm having no luck. We have the OID being pulled by the UDP and it shows up correctly for the device within NPM. How do I "call out" the APC UPS Model in an alert e-mail? I know pretty much nothing about creating SQL queries, though I'm not even sure if that's what's required to get the result.

The OID is 1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.1.1.1.1

Thanks in advance!

• Re: UPS Model in alert e-mail
          smargh

Include this in the email body, assuming your UDP is named the default of upsBasicIdentModel:

${SQL:SELECT CustomPollerStatus.Status FROM CustomPollerAssignment INNER JOIN CustomPollers ON CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerID = CustomPollers.CustomPollerID INNER JOIN CustomPollerStatus ON CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID = CustomPollerStatus.CustomPollerAssignmentID WHERE (CustomPollerAssignment.NodeID = ${NodeID}) AND (CustomPollers.UniqueName = 'upsBasicIdentModel')}

It does work - I just tested it successfully, and I've never been able to get complex ${SQL: ...} stuff to work correctly before, so it will be useful for me too :)

Be sure to test this thoroughly before using it in production.